Operational ManagerTake your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
The Business Area Process Automation provides customers with products and solutions for instrumentation, automation and optimization of industrial processes. The industries served include Oil and Gas, power, chemicals and pharmaceuticals, pulp and paper, metals and minerals, marine and turbocharging. Key customer benefits include improved asset productivity and energy savings. ABB Spirit IT provides the global Energy, Oil and Gas industry with advanced flow computers and a suite of software solutions for custody transfer. The ABB SpiritIT product portfolio is used by the largest terminals, plants, pipelines and platforms in the world working on thousands of devices and servers 24 hours a day.
- Within the organisation you are the direct manager of a 3 teams and 19 specialists from various disciplines, i.e. R&D, project execution, supply chain and quality management
- You are responsible for management of the teams and seeing to it that it operates and collaborate optimally and in full alignment with the factory objectives
- The primary focus is customer satisfaction; achieving projects on-time and on-cost based on the requested on-time delivery (ROTD) and optimum operating cash flow
- You continuously drive for (project) efficiency, quality, and reduction of cost of poor quality (COPQ)
- You will adopt a predominantly pragmatic approach to the operational activities with a view to ensuring that these are steered in the right direction, and in line with the business needs and global product line strategy
- You proactively initiate and carry out projects in the context of continuous improvement and Operational Excellence
- You bring additional structure to and optimise processes on the basis of an integral approach, so as to arrive at maximum efficiency and maximum return on output
- You set an example by enforcing a good Working Conditions and Safety policy, in which development of talent, order and tidiness and a good working environment are important
- You make a valuable contribution to optimisation of the local organisation by taking part in multidisciplinary consultations and discussions
- Bachelor or master level as regards working and mental capacity, preferably in the field of electronics, with affinity for software
- Experience with and knowledge of Energy, Oil and Gas industry is an advantage
- You are a true people manager with excellent communication skills and you are able to demonstrate management experience
- You have the capability to switch smoothly between local activities within the context of the global ABB matrix organisation
- You are someone with a strong personality, who is able to develop together with the General Manager a view and have this reflected in and converted into structures, operating procedures and paths for improvement in the longer term
- Your management style is open, and aimed at enabling people to do things independently and cope for themselves. You are able to motivate people and to involve them in and guide them through (cultural) changes
- Personal characteristics: analytical, receptive and approachable, decisive, innovator, people-oriented, immune to stress, team player, helicopter view, high level of commitment
- You have a good command of Dutch and English
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website . Our offer: We offer a varied job in an international group which feels very strongly about the development of its staff. You will have the freedom to assume a whole variety of responsibilities within a quickly evolving environment. You can also count on a competitive compensation package in line with your capabilities and experience. Interested? Register your CV and apply online via by clicking on ‘Careers’. For questions you can contact Jacqueline Pereboom, Talent Partner, viaor .