Expatica offers a voluntary subscription for users to receive newsletters. Subscribers will receive various email updates, which are sent on a daily and/or weekly basis highlighting selected stories, supplemented by advertisements and links to the Expatica site. Users can remove themselves from any of our mailing lists by following the unsubscribe link provided in each email/newsletter, or by unsubscribing in the newsletter subscription area of our website.
Expatica gives users options wherever necessary and practical. Such choices include:
- Opt-in or opt-out to receive our electronic newsletters. By subscribing to a newsletter, the user accepts that Expatica newsletters may include commercial messages, such as invitations to upcoming Expatica events, banners and advertorials.
- Opt-out from receiving correspondence from Expatica or carefully chosen third-party advertisers.
A subscriber may cancel his or her subscription using Expatica’s opt-out options at any time. If a problem persists, please contact us.
Expatica’s sharing widget allows a reader to electronically share any article by clicking the appropriate icon in the moveable sidebar of that article. The user must provide their email address or social media details, and/or that of the recipient. This information is used only in the case of transmission errors and, of course, to let the recipient know who sent the story. The information is not used for any other purpose.
Expatica Dating is owned and operated by a third-party service, Dating Factory (Tyche Technologies AG, Switzerland). By registering for and/or accessing Expatica Dating, you also become a Dating Factory user. By using Expatica Dating, you agree:
- To be bound by Expatica Dating and Dating Factory terms and conditions.
- That your membership details, including photos, can be stored, used, transferred or made obtainable past the expiration date of your membership, either by Expatica or Dating Factory.
If you have questions about the use of the Expatica Dating powered by Dating Factory, please contact them.
By registering with Expatica Communications BV for a premium listing, you agree to make an annual payment of a clearly communicated amount. Should your profile be confirmed and added to the system, the payment will also be confirmed and automatically renewed annually. Should your profile not be confirmed, you will be informed of the reason and the payment will be transferred back into your account.
Upon cancelling your account before the end of the year (12 months following registration), no refund will be given for the remainder of the term, but your account will automatically be stopped at the end of the term. At the end of the year (12 months following registration), should you wish to cancel your account, you will be able to do so on your personal profile page using a log in provided by Expatica Communications BV. Cancellation will need to be done one month before the end of the term. If not requested before this time, the account will be automatically renewed.
Should you have any questions about the service, please contact us.
Any user who comments on Expatica’s articles must abide by the following policies. In the event a user does not respect our posting and commenting policy, Expatica reserves the right to edit or delete the offensive material. Expatica may delete or edit any posts containing or linking to the following:
- Racist, sexist or homophobic comments
- Sweeping generalizations, using phrases such as ‘all _____ are so and so’
- Abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, or threatening language
- Photos containing nudity, unlawful use, or verbal abuse
- Defamatory statements
- Personal attacks on other participants
- Personal details of any other person (including phone numbers, real names and email addresses)
- Comments made under another person’s name
- Commercial advertising, including but not limited to spam and for-profit ventures
- Inflammatory or unlawful material or references
- Posts entirely in a language other than English. Phrases or words will be tolerated, as long as they serve as an accompaniment to English text
- Slandering a company’s name or services
- Repeated posts
If you chose to ignore these conditions, a moderator may delete a portion or the entire post.
Posting URLs and References to Other Sites
References to other sites will be allowed at Expatica’s discretion. If a link is deemed commercial or spam, we reserve the right to remove it. Links that genuinely aid the discussion of a topic are acceptable. Expatica takes no responsibility for content that users post any article, nor do we endorse or represent the opinions of users. In cases where the law has been broken, Expatica will notify the proper authorities if appropriate or remove the post.
If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.