Expatica Communications B.V. works hard to be compliant with the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Use of Information
Expatica collects information:
- to enable users to move seamlessly through the website
- to build a better service
- to advertise more effectively
Expatica also collects information that users voluntarily provide to send out electronic newsletters, surveys and contests, as well as via Google Analytics.
How Third Parties Use Collected Information
Preference data is analysed by third parties to define groups into segments based on factors such as geography, gender, age, interests and online actions. For example, users could be grouped into segments such as males interested in cars or females interested in job offers, or a household with two children looking for real estate. These segments are used by online marketers and advertisers to deliver relevant and specific content marketing messages to online users.
Opting Out of Third-Party Data Collection
Online users can opt out of third-party preference data collection, for online behavioural advertising (OBA), using any of the following methods:
- By using Your Online Choice opt-out tool, provided at www.youronlinechoices.com/opt-out, users can select the companies they want to stop from collecting OBA data. The opt-out tool downloads a browser cookie and will only work if the user’s browser is set to accept third-party cookies.
The opt-out tool and browser cookie management can be specific to each computer and each version and type of browser. If an opt-out cookie is deleted from a browser’s cookie files or if a different computer, browser version and/or browser type is used, the user may need to repeat the opt-out process to stop third-party data collection.
We send a newsletter to subscribers regularly, and we occasionally send out special editions. Users can remove themselves from any of our mailing lists by following the unsubscribe link provided in each email/newsletter, or by unsubscribing in the newsletter subscription area of our website.
Expatica allows selected advertisers to include information in mailings and newsletters sent by Expatica. We do not give third parties direct access to your details without your permission. Our users may opt out from receiving emails from our partners if they would prefer not to receive our partners’ promotions. You may change this preference at any time.
Expatica Dating is owned and operated by a third-party service, Dating Factory (Tyche Technologies AG, Switzerland). By registering for and/or accessing Expatica Dating, you also become a Dating Factory user. By using Expatica Dating, you agree:
- to be bound by Dating Factory terms and conditions.
- that your Expatica Dating registration information can be transmitted to Dating Factory to facilitate your automatic registration and login to the Dating Factory service.
- that your membership details, including photos, can be stored, used, transferred or made obtainable past the expiration date of your membership by Dating Factory.
If you have questions or remarks about the use of the Expatica Dating powered by Dating Factory, please contact them.
Expatica occasionally conducts user surveys to improve our content for our audience. We sometimes share the aggregated demographic information in these surveys with our advertisers and partners. We never share any information about specific individuals with any third party.
Expatica occasionally holds contests in which certain personal information is required for registration for purposes of verifying the entrants’ identities and notifying the winners. If a third party is administering the contest, this information will need to be disclosed to that third party.
If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Expatica.com reserves the right to modify this policy at any time without prior notice.