Technical Animation Director – (F/M/NB)
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their commitment and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
Founded in September 2017, Ubisoft Bordeaux works with passion on the biggest AAAA’s game in order to offer the best gaming experiences to our players. Today, the studio has more than 400 talents, from 15 different nationalities, who work on licenses such as Assassin’s Creed, Beyond Good & Evil 2, plus other unannounced free-to-play games. We are also working on exciting technologies with the Anvil team, Online services teams and with La Forge who seek to validate the value of technological innovations.
Ubisoft Bordeaux is looking for a Technical Animation Director to join the production team of a new PVP,cross-platofm game.
- Participate in game and technical design meetings and determine the project’s technical animation needs;
- Coordinate and act as the point of contact between the animation and programming teams;
- Regularly communicate technical constraints and their rationales to the animation team;
- Provide constant technical support for the tools and engine to every member of the animation team;
- Supervise the design, integration, and validation of the in-game animations and cinematics in the engine and facial animation pipeline;
- Be the technical point of contact for all technical animation issues;
- Experienced Technical Animatorwho has been part of shipping one or more games
- Skilled programmer, typically in Python, and experienced in plugin authoring
- Craft leader with good understanding of animation principles, rigging, skinning and motion capturing
- Excellent technical knowledge of the main 3D softwares – Maya is a plus
- Excellent knowledge of Python
- Excellent knowledge of C#
- Excellent knowledge of Human Anatomy
- Ability to write technical documentation
- Good ability to teach and mentor
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that’s why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
- Phone Interview
- Interview with our internal teams
- Final interview with the project manager
If your application is not retained, you will receive a negative answer.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences, wevalue diversity at our company and do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status. All personal informations will be treated as confidential according to the Employment Equity act.
Check out this guide to help you with your application, and learn about our actions to encourage more diversity and inclusion.