Senior Lawyer Contract & Compliance M/F, Palaiseau / Gif-sur-Yvette (91)
Danone Global Research & Innovation Center – R&I Legal Department is looking for a Senior Contract & Compliance Lawyer for a mission starting as soon as possible.
The R&I Legal Department’s mission is to support Danone Research and Innovation teams by helping them on Contractual and Compliance matters in every activity, such as research or development projects (NDAs, service agreements, research collaborations, joint development agreements, etc.), preclinical and clinical studies and any project involving intellectual property creation or related to the granting of intellectual property (licenses, IP assignments, co-ownership agreements, etc.).
Based in Danone research Center in Palaiseau, France on the Paris-Saclay campus, you are under the direct responsibility of the Senior Head of R&I Legal, within the Growth, Products & Innovation Direction, itself dependent of Danone’s Corporate Legal Department.
You mainly intervene with the Essential Dairy and Plant Based, Waters and Africa divisions, and occasionally with the Specialized Nutrition (Early Life & Advanced Medical Nutrition) division.
Missions and responsibilities
- Draft, negotiate and validate service, collaboration, development and partnership agreements at an international level and more broadly the legal engineering related to R&I needs;
- Ensure the daily support, expertise and legal advice, and bring solutions to R&I teams and project leaders, as well as procurement teams, of the different affiliates of DANONE;
- Ensure dissemination, implementation and observance of Compliance rules (Competition, Gifts and hospitalities, Conflicts of interest, relationships with Health Care Professionals) and GDPR;
- Contribute to the protection of DANONE intellectual property rights and to the intellectual property strategy of the company (patents, software, trade secrets, copyright, trademarks, industrial designs…) for all R&I activities;
- Manage or participate to wider impacting projects for our companies (Certifications, validation and deployment of tools, helping intrapreneurship projects…) and to representation of the R&I Legal department;
- Prevent litigation risks, protect confidentiality and ensure the application of social and environmental fundamental principles as well as the ethical code of business conduct of DANONE
YOUR BUSINESS CONTEXT
- The Legal Growth and Innovation team
The Legal Growth and Innovation team is composed of 7 salaried employees and 2 apprentice, based in 2 research centers, Danone Global Research & Innovation Center in France, and Nutricia Research in the Netherlands.
The job opening is based in Palaiseau, in the Danone Global Research & Innovation Center.
The research environment at Danone
DANONE R&I teams across the world means 1700 scientists, researchers, developers and engineers allocated between two international centers (Paris-Saclay and Utrecht)et different specialized centers (Packaging, Fresh Dairy, Plant-Based…).
Practical working and teleworking arrangements
Since several months, and according to governmental measures, R&I Legal and many other supporting services are teleworking up to three days per week. Rules can change depending on the epidemic situation and we adapt ourselves to particular conditions of every employee, while promoting individual and collective safety.
Employees can access a secure parking, and the research center is easily accessible by public transportation. A 25min shuttle bus is available between the Danone Research Site and Porte d’Orléans.
Frequent travels to Paris and to Utrecht are organized, and international trips can be necessary.
- You have a minimum of 4 years’ experience in an R&I environment, or in a position where you were able to apprehend the challenges of that environment;
- You have a master’s degree in law with a solid background essential for daily legal practice, and have experience or specific training in intellectual property;
- You are comfortable with contractual drafting and have already had the occasion to practically implement Compliance and GDPR rules;
- You are comfortable in a constantly evolving dynamic and international environment, and you can apprehend different professions and cultures. English is your second work language and you are fluent both orally and in writing;
- You welcome being an essential touch point of operational teams seeking advice and solutions, and are recognized for your communication and negotiation skills;
- You want to impact the projects you are involved in with your proposals and ideas, and seek to concretely contemplate and measure the results of your actions;
- You endorse the idea that industrial actors should have a key role in the transformation of consumption habits and you are ready to drive the change in your own environment, considering current environmental and societal challenges
… and the qualities we are looking for
- You have a high level of legal expertise, allowing you to conveniently take action on any type of contract, even outside your usual area of expertise;
- With the support of your hierarchy and your colleagues, you are able to perform your duties with a high degree of autonomy, and you do not run away from your responsibilities;
- You are able to work on very various projects, combining operational and strategical challenges, you take part in their governance and propose solutions or alternatives;
- Each experience, each workday is the occasion to be a trainer and/or to receive training from your environment or via the dedicated learning platforms. You understood that the legal function may only grow when sharing knowledge instead of retaining it;
- You are curious, straight-minded and open to others, and you try to understand the reasons that lead to a choice before applying a reasoning
Danone is proud to promote inclusion and equal opportunities. We truly believe that our diversity will make the difference and that an inclusive environment will make us grow as a company, as a team, and as people. We therefore consider all applications* to ensure an inclusive corporate culture where everyone can feel like they belong.
- All applications will be considered irrespective of origins and ethnicity, personal background, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability
At Danone, we guarantee that you can simply be yourself. We believe that it’s up to you to define the way you work, to develop yourself, to progress.
With us, you’ll work in an exciting, complex and challenging environment. This is how you will create new opportunities!
You will work with world-renowned brands such as Blédina, Evian or Actimel. Be innovative, enterprising and the impact you will have will impress you.
Join our movement for a more sustainable world. One Planet One Health BY YOU.