SENIOR ESG & IMPACT MANAGER / REGENERATIVE AGRICULTURE FUND – AXA Climate (F/M) – PARIS
Who we are
AXA Climate is a Committed Climate Insurer. We accompany our clients in their sustainability transition journey, we feed our entire offer with best-in-class climate expertise, and we fully leverage satellite in our products. We are reinventing the insurance business to support actors engaged in sustainable transition.
Working at AXA Climate
AXA Climate’s purpose is to help Planet Earth become a true stakeholder for all businesses. AXA Climate’s mission is climate and environmental adaptation. To serve this mission we have four lines of business:
- Training: digital and scientific content that gets all employees engaged by giving them skills and tools
- Consulting: having an impact at the local level through concrete adaptation actions
- Insurance: securing those who adapt and have an impact
- Financing: creating innovative financing vehicles that support the sustainable and regenerative transitions
The regenerative agriculture fund
Regenerative economy is at the core of our purpose. We thrive to create positive impact in what we do. We believe Regenerative Agriculture – that aims at improving soils’ health – is a powerful solution to mitigate climate change, restore biodiversity while ensuring our food security in the long term. Yet, too little investment is directed towards regenerative agriculture as of today.
In partnership with Unilever and Tikehau Capital, we are launching a private equity impact fund dedicated to investing in projects and companies supporting the regenerative agriculture transition. The fund will be managed by Tikehau Capital. AXA Climate will act as ESG & Impact Advisor to the fund.
Want to know more about the partnership? à See our press release.
✨ Your job as Senior ESG & Impact manager ("the regenerative agriculture fund")
Within the AXA Climate Financing Domain, you will be part of the core team delivering the ESG & Impact Advisory Services to the Regenerative Agriculture Fund with two other peers:
- One Senior ESG & Impact Director who leads of the client operational relationship, is responsible for the quality of the team’s deliverables, oversees the screening and due diligence processes in the pre-investment phase and frames the stewardship to portfolio companies
- One ESG & Impact / Impact Monitoring Manager: contributing to the due diligence processes at first and then responsible for the fund’s and portfolio companies’ impact monitoring
The three of you will spend about 2 days per week in the client’s office.
You will also interact with The AXA Climate Financing Domain leader, who manages the partnership with Tikehau and Unilever at a strategic level and represents AXA Climate at the Impact Committee (gate 1 before investment committee).
Your role is dual
- During the first year of fund’s deployment, you will first actively participate to the due diligences with your two team members
- When first investments are made, you will manage the participations’ stewardship, i.e. the support to portfolio companies in order to boost their impact over the holding period
More details on the stewardship management
- Post investment decision: you will co-build with companies’ management their ESG & impact roadmap (trajectory, KPIs, objectives)
- During the holding period: you will accompany the companies’ management to Improve their knowledge and capabilities, boost their ESG & impact performance KPIs, and enhance their ESG & impact reporting capabilities
- Contacts with portfolio companies should be as frequent as required. Your support will be in the form of workshops, trainings, connection with specific partners and providers
- You will also contribute to drafting the fund’s impact reporting and publications
Beyond the Regenerative Agriculture Fund, you will participate in scaling up the AXA Climate Financing value proposition and business.
- About you
- Proven experience and track-record in the sustainable / regenerative food & agriculture business space – within agribusiness companies, investment companies or international organizations (7 to 10 years as a minimum)
- Experience in ESG and impact related to nature
- Education: master degree (business or engineering) or MBA
- Proven ability to handle senior executive relationship, with investment teams as well as entrepreneurs
- Capacity to learn fast new topics, to deep dive into various expertise topics (regenerative agriculture, climate science, ESG, natural capital, among others)
- Content mastering: ability to draft high-quality due diligence analysis and reports within short deadlines
- Problem solver, client & solution oriented
- Comfortable managing several tasks and challenges in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Fantastic team player, with whom it is cool to work alongside
- Fluent in French and English, additional languages are a plus
- Solid knowledge in agriculture/ agronomy / agroecology as well as in food & agriculture business value chains in different geographies
- Knowledge of ESG and impact frameworks and methodologies (e.g. EU Taxonomy, SFDR, TCFD/ TNFD, SBTI/ SBTN, CDP, CSRD)
- Knowledge on climate change, biodiversity, carbon (footprint, sequestration), water, nature-based solutions
- Ability to synthesize and be impactful
- 1000m² brand new offices in the center of Paris (Paris 9e, métro Grands Boulevards)
- Regular team events
- Flexible remote policy
- Personal credit (3.000€ / year) for training & upskilling on the competencies of your choice
- eNPS (employee satisfaction score) of 68!
A propos d’AXA
Aimeriez-vous vous lever chaque jour motivé(e) par une mission inspirante et travailler en équipe pour permettre de protéger les personnes et leurs proches?
Chez AXA nous avons l’ambition de mener la transformation de notre métier. Nous cherchons des personnes talentueuses ayant une expérience diversifiée, qui pensent différemment, et qui veulent faire partie de cette transformation passionnante en challengeant le statu quo et faire d’AXA – marque globale leader et une des sociétés les plus innovantes dans notre secteur – une entreprise encore plus performante et responsable.Dans un monde en perpétuelle évolution et avec une présence dans 64 pays, nos 166 000 salariés et distributeurs privilégiés anticipent le changement pour offrir des services et solutions adaptés aux besoins actuels et futurs de nos 103 millions de clients.
This is AXA Climate
We are a Committed Climate and Environmental Insurer. AXA Climate offers cutting-edge expertise in the protection and adaptation of Corporates and Communities to Climate worlwide;
Since 2014, we have been relying on technology and know-how in insurance, meteorology, climatology, aerial imagery, to create innovative climate solutions. Our mission is to adapt businesses, institutions and communities to climate risks;
Our web site: www.climate.axa/ – Follow us on Linkedin
AXA Climate’s desire is also to innovate in terms of corporate culture, so that everyone can flourish and develop all its potential. Our culture is therefore an organic organization, constantly adapting to the needs of the markets.
We cover Insurance, Financing, Alerting services, Training & Consulting practices. There is 3 types of domains: Speedboats, Scientist & Catalyst.
- Our “Speed boats” for business acceleration…
- SB Training
- SB Insurance
- SB Industry Adaptation
- SB Financial services Adaptation
- SB Public Sector
- SB Agri-Transition
- Our Science team to be our guarantor and ensuring pedagogic deliverable and expertise:
- Supported by Catalysts to bring value to all team members and support business acceleration ;
- Marketing & Communication
- Culture & innovation
We lean on strong values and key identity principles
- Our Values:
- Mutual aid
- Our identity
What you can expect
- Build a top-tier Environmental brand
- Evolve in a high-growth environment
- Work for a global Sustainable goal who will have a positive impact on our planet
- Be part of a fun & caring team
You wish to give a new orientation to your career within an international and dynamic group, join us. Please apply on line!