Revenue Management & Pricing Junior Analyst (Operated Bus)
BlaBlaCar is the world’s leading long-distance carpooling platform – a global, trusted community of 89 million members in 22 countries. BlaBlaCar is creating an entirely new, people-powered, travel network that connects people looking to travel long distances with drivers heading the same way, so they can travel together and share the cost. With the recent integration of a coach bus network, and a commuter service for short-distance carpooling, BlaBlaCar aims to become the go-to marketplace for shared mobility.
With a dedicated member relations service, a state of the art web and mobile platform, novel insurance solutions and a fast-growing community, BlaBlaCar is making travel social, cost-effective and practical for millions of members. BlaBlaCar is continuously innovating, developing smart-stop and smart-pricing algorithms that dynamically unlock millions of possible local meeting points and, in effect, turn every highway into a major transport line while also allowing for more granular point-to-point service in less accessible areas. By doubling the number of people in cars (from 1,9 to 3,9 people), BlaBlaCar saved 1.6 million tonnes of CO2 in 2018 (the equivalent of traffic in Paris for a year).
- About BlaBlaCar
BlaBlaCar is the world’s leading community-based travel network, connecting over 100 million members across 22 countries looking to carpool or travel by bus. By sharing rides and filling empty seats on the road, our community avoids 1.6 million tons of CO2 emissions every year (as if Paris was free of road traffic for a year!)
We are a global and diverse team of 700+ people with 45+ nationalities, and headquartered in Paris. We’re constantly looking for new ways to leverage technology to create a more affordable, convenient, flexible and sustainable way to travel. And we are always on the lookout for people who care about making a positive impact.
We are looking for a Junior Analyst to join the Revenue Management and Pricing (RMP) team. The RMP team is in charge of the businesses opportunity for revenue and profit optimization. Your role will be to maximize revenue on the portfolio you are in charge of.
- Compiling and analyzing data on our Bus activity. Before lines opening, define the price schedules and the number of seats put up for sale at each price, according to the bus performance observed in the past, the service and the competitive positioning determined by BlaBlaCar. Once the lines are open : monitoring lines till the day of departures by analyzing commitments on the buses, competition rates, past bus trips
- Studying market and competitors activity as a basis of future pricing strategies
- Proposing tools and reporting evolutions
- Collaborating with Network Team to ensure optimal pricing
- You have 1-year experience in the revenue management and pricing via a first job (Or a specialization in revenue management during the student path)
- You have strong analytical and synthetic skills
- You are proficient in Excel
- You have excellent communication skills, you’re humble, and you enjoy sharing & learning from others
- You are organized, results-driven, and are able to prioritize in a changing environment
- You are fluent in English
- Nice to have: A prior experience in VBA development would be a plus
If you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above, tell us why you’d still be a great fit for this role in your application!