Mechanical Operation Manager
Technicolor, a worldwide technology leader in the media and entertainment sector, at the forefront of digital innovation, operates through 2 divisions: Entertainment Services (#1 worldwide in visual effects and DVD services) and Connected Home. Our operating division “Connected Home” is one of the leaders on wide range of solutions to Pay -TV operators and network service providers for the delivery of digital entertainment, data, voice, and smart home services though the design and supply of products such as set-top boxes, gateways and managed wireless tablets.
Lead the mechanical and tooling related operational activities, from Supplier Selection to monitoring of Mass production, and with a special focus on tooling conception and development for optimized Time to market, Operational performance and Total cost improvement.
- Provide tangible input for supplier baseline assessment at least on quarterly basis and lead reviews with vendors to set up and follow action plans for continuous improvement
- Participate to supplier selection for NPIs by providing input based on Quarterly scoring and analysis of technical offer and schedule
- Focus on best practice and innovation in tooling design and molding efficiency to drive improvement in tooling and total product cost, while simultaneously improving speed of development and on time performance
- Responsible for managing the design, development and implementation of all moulds/toolings required to support the new product introduction and existing product capacity expansion at mechanical vendors
- Support product development and supply chain management, working with suppliers to procure the required tooling, investigating and implementing innovation and industry best practice, validation and speed in overal excution
- Work with development engineers to refine the design of molded parts for optimal manufacturing performance and in line with customer specifications (including cosmetics)
- Participate in desgin reviews and execute thorough DFM analysis for all molded parts
- Work with the molding process engineers at the suppiers’ sites to develop and troubleshoot the moulding processes
- Set up weekly reporting on production output with identification of critical issues and associated corrective action plan
- Monitor production output through regular on site visit at suppliers
EducationDegree or higher diploma in tooling engineeringExperience8-10 years experience in the injection molding industry, including tooling design and set up of injection parameters for a wide range of polymer materials.Experience in stamping and die-casting industry would be a plus.Experience in development, validation and process optimization of multiple tools and with multiple vendors.Experience in supplier management.Recommended Skills You react with agility to unplanned events – trigger/track action plans. Strong analytical, problem solving and decision making skills, you identify and track issues to closure. You challenge R&D and suppliers for optimization of process. You adapt your practices to regional specificities for better cooperation/coordination with others. You coordinate team work and are able to bring a cross-functional team together towards a common goal. A meticulous approach to quality and familiarity with FMEA/risk assessment. You are comfortable in cooperating daily in projects with different R&D and business teams. You have a team spirit and are able to work in a multicultural environment. You are synthetic and creative. You are able to analyse deeply. You have strong experience in project management. You have good communication skills You are willing to travel regularly abroad.Language English is mandatory. Mandarin is a plus.
- Type: Full-time
- Function: Other