Manager, Mergers & Acquisitions
BIC® products are recognized all over the world for their quality, safety, affordability and ease of use. The ballpoint pen, the pocket lighter, and the shaver are all part of the daily lives of millions of consumers. These products make BIC® an iconic international brand, present in more than 4 million retail outlets in more than 160 countries around the world.
BIC’s founder, Marcel Bich, understood that to succeed, BIC needed hands-on team members who were willing to take measured risks and assume responsibility for their role in a team. Today, we provide our more than 15,000 team members in 61 countries with the opportunity to invent BIC’s future – together – while honoring our past achievements. We are committed to our team members’ development and empower those who wish to discover different areas of our business or acquire international experiences.
AsManager, Mergers & Acquisitions,you will be a key part of the global M&A team to develop the corporate growth plan for BIC. This team is responsible for accelerating BIC’s transformation to realize its’ growth ambition to add $1B in Net Sales by 2025. Youwill support the Director in assessing and executing M&A with speed and clarity of value creation opportunity for BIC.
- Conduct Company and Industry Research on target areas to identify opportunities and evaluate fit with BIC Horizon strategy
- Use Financial Evaluation and Modelling of target companies and industry segments to assess potential and fit with BIC needs
- Use appropriate financial assessment tools for evaluations:
- comparable analysis, precedent transaction analysis
- DCF analysis, LBO analysis
- financial impact analysis
- Support transaction execution through business modelling and project management of deal process
- Develop business model for potential targets: own the base model and coordinate with BU owners and CFOs for key inputs. Keep model updated and flexible. Anticipate value creation and risk assessments needed
- Build clear view of financial value of synergies and value creation in the model: ensure ability to tweak and adjust assumptions; implications of changes in synergies/value creation because of diligence process
- Manage with the M&A leader all the key data streams for due diligence: access to the data room, financial evaluations by different workstream leads, pressure test assumptions
- Provide support to track deal pipeline & contacts
- Maintain file on potential targets in coordination with the Business. Build a tracking file for deals and contacts to manage across the organization
- Support programmatic M&A capability build through capturing BIC process and tools
- Support the postmortem of deal activity to capture learnings and add to the BIC playbook
- Bachelor’s degree, 2+yrs experience in PE, Banking M&A or Corporate M&A
- Experienced in industry & company research
- Experienced in financial & business modelling for deal transactions
- Analytically oriented, fast, accurate
- Curious and fast learner
- Well organized. Project oriented
BIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strongly commit to hiring people with different backgrounds and experiences to help us build better products, make better decisions, and better serve our customers.We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, veteranstatus, disabilitystatus, orsimilarcharacteristics. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
BIC is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employmentopportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to anyteam memberat BIC via email, or directly to a BICteam memberin any form without a valid writtensearchagreement in place for that position will be deemed the solepropertyof BIC, and nofee will be paid in the event thecandidateis hired by BIC as a result of the referral orthroughother means.