Indirect Tax Manager -Technicolor Creative Studios- Paris, France
Technicolor, formerly known as Thomson or Thomson Multimedia, is a French company specializing in the design and manufacture of video and digital image systems intended for media professionals, such as film producers and television channels, but also operators. networks and other content distributors.
Technicolor offers award-winning Visual Effects (“VFX”), Animation and Post Production services for feature films, episodic series, advertising, video games and other audiovisual content. The Group’s VFX studios offer pre-visualization, asset creation, texturing, animation, rigging, rotoscoping, lighting, match move and compositing.
Technicolor’s Animation businesses offer solutions for the creation of high-quality Computer Generated Imagery (“CGI” or “CG”) Animation. Through its Post Production Services activities, Technicolor supports its clients from camera capture on the production set through creation of final distribution masters, including on-set services, color correction, and VFX integration.
Technicolor is segmented in three businesses
· Production Services, Technicolor has worldwide leadership in visual effects for films and episodic work and is the n1 provider to Hollywood studios and streamers.
· Connected Home, Technicolor is a global leader in Broadband and Android TV, and a trusted partner to the leaders of the industry, such as Comcast and Charter.
· DVD Services, Technicolor is by far the largest player, with around 70% market share worldwide and 90% in North America.
· There is also a division covering the licensing activities.
The Group employs 17,000 people globally and generated over 3 billion in revenues in 2020 (from 3,8 billion pre-Covid).
Technicolor is listed on the Euronext exchange in Paris under TCH and is traded in the USA on the OTCQX marketplace under TCLRY.
In 2020 Technicolor had to face the challenges of addressing the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic, and to adapt quickly to ensure the continuity of its operations. The rapid and efficient implementation of remote working, especially in Production Services, was key to achieving this result.
The Group simultaneously delivered a major transformation programme, which significantly reduced operating expenses and preserved cashflow. In addition, they successfully executed a comprehensive financial restructuring plan, providing a much stronger platform for the long-term sustainability of the Group
- The Role
Reporting to the Group EVP Tax in Paris HQ, the Group Indirect Tax Director will manage the Indirect tax affairs of the Technicolor Creative Studios Group, together with associated controls; business partnering with multiple stakeholders and continuous finance transformation projects.
You will be the Process Owner of the Indirect Tax processes across the geographic footprint
You will be supported by a team of tax professionals reporting to you, as well as finance and Global Business Services (GBS) teams, who are responsible for the execution of our end-to-end transactional processes.
· Develop, implement, and manage processes and policies for accurate, timely, and efficient indirect tax compliance globally through global shared service centres and a network of external VAT advisors;
· Be the indirect tax lead for the group’s implementation of tax automation software and oversee ongoing system functionality, efficiency, and maintenance from a technology perspective;
· Anticipate and roll out major finance and tax transformation projects such as electronic invoicing and ERP migration;
· Lead enquiries and deal with correspondence with local tax authorities in relation to indirect tax matters with support from the wider tax team and external advisers;
· Oversee the submission of VAT returns, EC Sales Lists and Intrastat reports;
· Identify and implement indirect tax planning opportunities and risk mitigation strategies, including working closely with finance and operations teams to identify and suggest improvements;
· Provide updates to the business with respect to changes to Indirect Tax legislation and rates
- · Provide ad hoc analysis/projects as requested by management.
· Maintain risk register for area of accountability;
· 10+ years of indirect tax experience, prior in-house/industry experience is preferred
- · Good knowledge of financial systems, specifically experience with SAP and testing.
· Strong technical knowledge in European and APAC indirect tax matters, including supply chain issues.
· Well organised, good project management and analytical skills, able to work with multicultural teams
· Strong management skills and emotional intelligence
- · Ability to deal with all levels of management as well as with tax authorities.
· Ability to articulate complex concepts in a concise manner in both written and verbal presentations.
· Fluent in French and English
- Additional Information
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
- Type: Full-time
- Function: Finance