Search through previously asked questions

Ask the expert Question



My husband and I, both retired U.S. citizens, moved to France in early Sept. of 2017. Are we required to file French tax forms for 2017? All of our income is from U.S. sources.

by Mary on 01 Mar 2018
Eliane Rakotonoel

This expert is currently inactive and not able to take new questions!


Dear Mary,

yes, you need to file a French income tax return.
you will report on your tax forms only your worldwide income earned from your arrival date in Sept to the 31st December 2017. However, depending on the categories of the income earned, they can be also taxable in France and then you claim a tax credit.
we are fully available to help you with your 2017 income tax returns - French and US.
Eliane Rakotonoel

by Eliane Rakotonoel on 18 Mar 2018

Expatica Offers