Search through previously asked questions

Ask the expert Question

Claire Parsons


I have just created an SCI in France and bought a house which we are renovating. We do not earn an income or any money from the house as it is uninhabitable at the moment. I think I need to file the first tax return by the end of May but I don't have a tax number. How do I go about getting this - I have read that the Siren number can be used but who would I contact to check. I don't want to get into any tax trouble! Can you let me know?

by Claire Parsons on 18 Apr 2018
Eliane Rakotonoel

This expert is currently inactive and not able to take new questions!


Dear Claire,

if you have created the SCI in 2018, you will need to file a return only in 2019.
So no worries for the moment.
I can put you into contact with a chartered accountant who can help you with the SCI return.
As an individual, if you are non-resident, and earning no income in France, then nothing to be done.
But if you re a tax resident, you will need to file an individual tax return, even if you do not earn income (in France and abroad).
I hope this will help

kind regards,


by Eliane Rakotonoel on 19 Apr 2018

Expatica Offers