Search through previously asked questions

Ask the expert Question



I am planning to move to Paris in Spring 2018 for 3-4 months to study, using savings to fund the stay. With all the uncertainty around Brexit. I am worried the pound will plunge when the UK triggers Article 50 next month and will not recover (at least to its current rate of exchange). I am wondering if I should open a French bank account now and deposit my savings in Euros. I understand the Credit Agricole's Britline accounts are fairly straightforward to open from the UK. Can you help clarify this? Thanks, Pat

by Pat on 15 Feb 2017
Steven Grover

This expert is currently inactive and not able to take new questions!


Dear Pat,

Thank you for you message.

Setting up a Britline account would be the easiest way to do this as you will need a French bank account to set things up when you move to France, and as you have said they can be set up from the UK however you will have the bank charges and a minimum deposit. So another option could e just to set up a travel Visa card with a company like Revolute which will allow you to transfer GBP into Euro's to build up Euro's on the account for when you move then you could just setup up a French account closer to the time of your move.

Kind Regards


by Steven Grover on 08 Mar 2017

Expatica Offers