Search through previously asked questions

Ask the expert Question

raymond doctor


I am not a French National. I worked in France as a Directeur d'Etudes at the Ecole des hautes Etudes for 4 months for a period of 3 years: A total of one year. Subsequently, I was appointed Charge de recherches at the College de France for a full year.
In both these cases, my fiche de paie shows a cotisation to the Securite Sociale as per rules.
An Indian citizen I am now 67 and am retired. I have been informed by some of my French friends that I am eligible for a pension from the French Government. They say that even work for a trimester makes you eligible. I would like to know if this is true. And if so who do I contact by email.
Many thanks for taking the trouble of replying.

by raymond doctor on 17 Nov 2017
Des Cooney

This expert is currently inactive and not able to take new questions!


Dear Raymond,

Thank you for your question.

I suggest that you request the terms of your employment contract from the School to discover how retirement gratuity / benefits are calculated.

Also, I suspect that there is a minimum period of time (10 years) that one has to work in France before being eligible to receive a French pension. You need to clarify this.

I hope that this helps

Des Cooney

by Des Cooney on 20 Nov 2017

Expatica Offers