Search through previously asked questions

Ask the expert Question

johnny harrison


15 years ago we bought a 3 bedroom apartment in Meribel. I believe the SCI rules have changed. What sort of tax percentage will we pay if we sell our capital gains (as its a SCI). What are our options for renting?

by johnny harrison on 06 Apr 2016
Susie Hollands

This expert is currently inactive and not able to take new questions!


SCI are not suitable for furnished rentals as they are treated as a commercial entity with business income so they are not tax efficient. The Capital Gains Tax is something that depends on your country of residence and I would need more info to advise you.

by Susie Hollands on 11 Apr 2016

Expatica Offers