Three more massacre suspects held
12 April 2004
MADRID – Three more suspects have been arrested over the Madrid train bombings, legal sources said Monday.
The suspects arrested over the weekend are said to include a Moroccan first held last week, who will now be brought before a judge for a third time.
Fouad el Mourabit faces further questioning by judge Juan del Olmo, possibly later Monday, sources say.
The two other suspects were not named, but were held in Parla, a suburb south of Madrid.
Seventeen people, 13 of them Moroccan, have been provisionally charged over the bombings.
Seven other men blew themselves up in a Madrid block of flats as police moved in.
The government has said most of the attackers are now dead or in custody.
It has named the Moroccan Islamic Combatant Group as the group it believes was behind the multiple blasts.
The group, which has ties to al-Qaeda, was also blamed for last year’s suicide bombings in Casablanca.
The 11 March bomb attacks killed 191 people and injured more than 1,500.
Nearly 50 people are still in hospital a month after the Madrid attacks.
Subject: Spanish news