Bonnet hairdryer saves German grandmother

, Comments 0 comments

A bonnet dryer saved a German grandmother from serious injury or worse when the ceiling of the salon where she was having her hair done collapsed, the Bild daily reported Friday.

"At first I didn't realise what was happening. You can't hear a thing under the bonnet," said Karin Koellner, 72, from Gladbeck in western Germany. "Then bits of the ceiling broke off. But the dryer worked like a protective helmet."

A shocked Nermin Karagad, owner of the "Cut and More" salon, told the paper: "I'm just happy nothing worse happened. The ceiling was redone seven years ago."

Two other people escaped with slight injuries in the incident on Thursday, police spokesman Michael Franz told AFP.

© 2011 AFP

0 Comments To This Article