Sr. Procurement Manager, Offshore Wind, Americas
RWE Renewables Americas LLC
Full time, Permanent
Senior Procurement Manager, Offshore Wind, Americas
RWE Renewables Offshore has an ambition to significantly grow its presence in new markets and the North American region has been identified as a key target market for offshore growth. RWE Renewables is expanding its offshore business to support many confirmed and future project opportunities in the months ahead.
As a Senior Procurement Manager in the Offshore specific team, you will support several of our offshore projects during our development phase. The primary focus will be the pre- FID tendering and negotiations of a variety of packages, but may also include undertaking the role of Single Point of Contact for one or more development phase projects. The position holder will ideally be based in in our Boston or Chicago office, and will also have regular interaction with their European counterparts.
Your future plans
- Support our global offshore projects and conduct negotiations in multi-disciplinary and international teams
- Manage the negotiation of high value and complex contracts
- Development and implementation of procurement and negotiation strategies
- Responsible for the interfacing of supporting functions and projects to compile and draft all RFI/RFQ/ITT documentation for issuance to the market for allocated requirements
- Act as the Single Point of Contact (SPOC) for project and functionally manage the procurement team supporting that project
- Undertake supplier pre-qualification using RWE online PQQ system
- Build RFI/RFQ/ITTs within RWE online e-Tendering tool
- Ability to evaluate RFQ responses on a Total Cost of Ownership basis to ensure selection of the most appropriate suppliers
- Leading commercial and legal negotiations with support from inhouse legal team
- Continuing to keep up to speed with market changes and challenges to feed in to corporate wide strategies
- Build and maintain relationship with key supplier interfaces
- Support junior members of the Procurement Team to ensure inhouse growth of knowledge
- Develop localization plans with suppliers in support of domestic and state specific content requirements set forth in the individual state RFP’s.
- Prepare bid narrative to support offtake bid submissions as subject matter expert related to any supply chain activities.
- Prepare project procurement plan as it related to the different phases of the project.
- Master or bachelor degree (engineering, or economics in the relevant fields)
- Several years of relevant industry experience (power plant, construction, large industry or infrastructure projects)
- Experience within Renewables would be a plus
- Proven knowledge of complex CAPEX negotiations
- Experience in building and maintaining stakeholder relationships
- Intercultural understanding and experience in working with people from various cultures
- Very good communication skills in English, both orally and written
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally as required to support delivery of your package of work
- Proactive attitude, detail-oriented, analytical and problem-solving mind set
Apply now with just a few clicks: ad code 79791, application deadline.
We look forward to meeting you!
We value diversity and therefore welcome all applications, irrespective of gender, disability, nationality, ethnic and social background, religion and beliefs, age or sexual orientation and identity.
Of course, you can find us on LinkedIn, Twitter and Xing, too.
RWE represents change, innovation and sustainability. As one of the world’s leading generators of electricity from renewable energy sources, we aim to be carbon-neutral by 2040 and to enable a sustainable life for people around the world. To achieve this, we are looking for dynamic and motivated people to join us in creating a sustainable and secure energy future.
RWE Renewables GmbH, based in Essen, Germany, is RWE’s youngest subsidiary and one of the world’s leading companies in the field of renewable energies. With an international team of around 3,500 employees, we are drivers of the energy transition – and provide electricity for a sustainable life. Our total capacity of more than 9 gigawatts results from onshore and offshore wind parks, photovoltaic plants and battery storage. We focus on growth: on the American continent, on the European core markets and on new markets in the Asia-Pacific region.Apply now