Senior Business Development Manager Floating (d/f/m) Offshore
RWE Offshore Wind GmbH, Essen, Hamburg, Hannover
To start as soon as possible, Full time, Permanent
Functional area: Business Development
The Senior Business Development Manager – Continental EU (Floating) will coordinate the origination and development of Floating projects and business cases in Continental Europe.
Co-ordination and project performance management of the Floating portfolio in Continental Europe is the essential aspect of the role. The role will also be acting as the interface with the internal functions, support teams and external stakeholders including joint venture partners and leading partnerships with 3rd parties.
The role will report into the Head of Offshore Development Services Continental Europe. This department covers France, Spain, Italy, Greece, Netherlands and Belgium with potential to cover adjacent coastlines. This is an exciting new role within RWE Renewables and the successful applicant will be a key member of the development team with ambitious growth targets.
As a Senior Business Development Manager – Continental EU (Floating) you will:
- Co-ordinate the region’s Floating projects to ensure most effective delivery, standardisation & progression in line with the Floating Strategy;
- Co-ordinate and align overarching Floating activities and interfaces with the Cont. EU Projects (e.g. advocacy, communication, funding, market intelligence) in close co-operation with the Floating unit within RWE Generation;
- Coordinate team activities within the Dev Services EU department for Floating in respect to interfaces with regulatory and political affairs, technical innovation, legal, finance and other departments and other internal stakeholders;
- Represent where required, RWE Renewables on floating related topics at local and regional stakeholder events, in networks and towards respective authorities;
- Develop proposals for the region’s management team on how to best utilise resources & apply common standards etc. across Floating Portfolio.
- Report directly into RWE’s Steerco’s on the portfolio of projects alongside the Project leads;
- Provide leadership and guidance to the Project /Business development Leads and support their individual personal development as well as the development of the overall team;
- Support offshore-driven project development activities across European markets by implementing floating and sector-coupling options;
- Engage with local and regional external project stakeholders, especially sales, offtake and cooperation partners;
- Engage and align with internal stakeholders, departments and the respective project leads and teams on the offshore side;
- Work closely with other RWE subsidiaries on the development of joint business cases including aligning with other units within RWE.
- Master Degree in Engineering, Renewable Energy, Business or equivalent qualification is desirable, but a proven background in a meaningful business development or commercial activity may be sufficient;
- More than 5 years of experience of working in the green floating energy industry including Development, Construction & Commissioning.
- More than 10 years of experience in the areas of Business Development, Marketing, Communications, Partnering, Sales and/or Stakeholder Management in Renewable Energy;
- A solid understanding of the complex business requirements related to offshore projects and/or floating projects;
- Knowledge of health, safety and environmental legislation associated with construction projects;
- Ideally experience in Offshore Wind and floating system integration or floating production/ transport value chain;
- Extensive knowledge of floating offshore wind projects;
- Extensive knowledge of business case building and optimisation of large scale renewables assets;
- Extensive knowledge in Renewable Energy, ideally Offshore Wind Development;
- Knowledge of effective Program and project management;
- Knowledge of/and involvement in existing networks in the Renewable Business.
- Fluent English language skills; Additional language skills are an advantage;
Apply now with just a few clicks: ad code 77723
Any questions? Contact Christopher Kretschmann, RWE Platz 4, 45141 Essen – Mail: [email protected]
We look forward to receiving your application!
We value diversity and therefore welcome all applications, irrespective of gender, disability, nationality, ethnic and social background, religion and beliefs, age or sexual orientation and identity.
Of course, you can find us on LinkedIn, Twitter and Xing, too.
Renewables is the future of our business, and Offshore wind a pivotal element of our carbon neutral ambition. With 800+ fixed bottom and floating turbines – plus others totalling 800MWh we operate for partners – we’re already the No.2 generator globally. And we plan to triple our 2.2GWh output by 2030, led by landmark projects such as Sofia (1,400 MWh) and Kaskasi (342MWh).
Offshore wind is a constantly evolving technical, practical and social challenge. Our financial stability means you’ll have the freedom to act with conviction and courage as we pivot to harness new technologies – and continuously improve, together.Apply now