Based in Germany (Home-Office based)
Job ref: JB/58287
A worldwide operating company with polymer additives business organisations in Japan, Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, Singapore, China, India, USA, Abu Dhabi, Brazil, and Europe.
In complement to the global products which include commodity and specialty additives, the company offers a local portfolio, which includes Foaming Agents produced in the South of France.
Local production also includes, engineering thermoplastic compounds, specialty masterbatches as well as PVC stabilizers.
The company has always been committed to maintain its well-established reputation by bringing to the plastic industry, new additives, and innovative solutions, which help to fulfil the increasing demand for stabilization driven by the environmental regulations requirements.
The role will report to the Sales Director.
· Responsibility of promoting and selling APAE products in the allocated territory.
· Serve existing and new accounts through personal visits, telephone, e-mail, etc.
· Following their requests and obtain orders, by planning and organizing short, medium- and long-term work.
· Keep management informed by submitting activity and results reports, such as Call and Monthly reports, weekly work plans and territory analyses.
· Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reading professional publications, establishing personal networks, participating in conferences and exhibitions.
· Technical promotion of products.
· Introduction of new products to existing and new accounts.
· Follow up of samples and regular reporting in “sample database”.
· Follow up of customer projects and customer sales, comparison to budget/forecast.
· Performance, aiming to meet or exceed sales targets and review own sales.
· Supervise and support Distributors and Agents located in the Sales area.
· Contribute to team effort by participating in Company meetings and telematic Conferences.
· Manage customer complaints in collaboration with Quality Manager, involving all related departments.
· Monitor competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, delivery schedules, etc.
The ideal candidate:
· Can sell technical and complex products in B2B environment, a degree in engineering, materials science or chemistry would be advantageous.
· Is experience in setting up networks in technical sales.
· Has a proven background within the speciality chemicals sector, ideally in a multinational environment.
· Is a self-starter and able to work independently.
· Focuses on concepts and solutions requiring value selling.
· Has an open and positive attitude and the desire to work with clients at all levels and functions.
· Demonstrates flexibility, confidence, perseverance, and initiative.
· Possesses very good planning, organizational and analytical skills.
· Excellent communication and negotiation skills, the right mix of diplomacy and directness.
· Proactive working attitude, business focus and drive to “open the right doors”.
· Eagerness and enthusiasm to deliver excellence and to demand it from others.
· Ability to work and communicate in cross-functional teams with a common objective.
· Ability to make decisions and take ownership of objectives and challenges.
MEET LISTGROVE AT THE FOLLOWING EXHIBITIONS:
K2022 in Düsseldorf, Interpack in Düsseldorf, Interplas in Birmingham
Listgrove is more than a global recruitment partner to its clients in the plastics, packaging, recycling and chemical industries. For over 45 years, we have supported companies with professional advice and successful HR solutions. All assignments are tailored to the client's needs and delivered by expert consultants.
Why select Listgrove?
· Established in 1975
· Recruited in 68 countries
· Recognised International brand
· Exhibited around the world; in Russia, China, India, USA, Middle East, North Africa and extensively throughout Europe
· Global network of candidates and talent data
· Search projects completed across all functions and at all levels of seniority
· Access to a network of offices across the world
For more information and access to a range of testimonials, please visit our website
For EU roles, candidates must be eligible to work and live in the European Union. Proof of eligibility will be required with your application.
Listgrove Limited Registered in England No: (phone number removed)Apply now