Marine Operations Specialist (m/w/d)
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We are specialised in designing, manufacturing, installing, and servicing wind turbines, both onshore and offshore. Across the globe, we have installed more wind power than anyone else. We consider ourselves pioneers within the industry, as we continuously aim to design new solutions and technologies to create a more sustainable future for all of us. With more than 145 GW of wind power installed worldwide and 40+ years of experience in wind energy, we have an unmatched track record demonstrating our expertise within the field. With 29,000 employees globally, we are a diverse team united by a common goal: to power the solution – today, tomorrow, and far into the future. Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills, and perspectives. We also aim to give everyone equal access to opportunity. To learn more about our company and life at Vestas, we invite you to visit our website at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels. We also encourage you to join our Talent Universe to receive notifications on new and relevant postings.
What we offer
We offer an exciting job with great opportunities for professional and personal development in an inspiring, progressive, motivated and international work environment.
You will join a team of colleagues that values initiative, accountability and focuses on implementing Vestas’ processes and governance across the regions from a global level.
Would you like to be Vestas Marine Operations Specialist and play a significant role in our offshore operations setup? Are you enthusiastic about vessel management and technical aspect of it? If you are interested in the commercial and technical expectise of marine operations in the wind induastry – this position could be a match for you!
Sales > Global Construction Management > Global Construction Sales/Bid Management
The Global Construction Sales/Bid Management team is responsible for supporting the Regions with all construction-related activities during the sales phase from early engagement, during bidding and negotiation until hand-over to Construction upon effective closure of a contract. Besides coordination of the construction proposal and associated budget, the team deals with the commercial and technical aspects of ports, equipment, vessels, offshore site conditions and aviation services.
The main focus of the team is to support the Regions during their ramp-up and during peak loads, while looking ahead the team will take lead in the adaption/development of processes and governance across the Regions.
- Development of relationships with vessel companies and the key persons in this area through visits and travel activity
- Be point of contact to vessel owners, knowing their vessels and collecting technical details
- Acquire knowledge of all the relevant companies and be updated on vessels, crane requirements, transportation of WTG components, capability, sizes, new constructions, developments, etc.
- Participate in relevant internal and external meetings covering the future strategy for offshore vessels which are or could be related to ongoing and potential Vestas projects
- Assisting Sales, Construction and Service functions to select vessels for installation and O&M assignments, and reviewing deck layouts, loading arrangements, lifting plans
- Participation in interface meetings with clients, vessel providers, MWS and other contractors to ensure that information and assignments are exchanged between parties and distributed and carried out within Vestas
- Preparation of feasibility studies and business cases in connection with e.g. investment proposals charter arrangements or sustainability studies
- Supervise vessel contracts from signing, construction and acceptance, mobilization, and demobilization including contractual enforcement and support to vessel end-users
- Engineering (mechanical/civil/marine) or alternatively commercial shipping degree
- Advanced knowledge in vessel designs and marine operations
- Project management skills
- Technical and commercial understanding
- Fluent English language skills – both in speaking and writing
- Basic knowledge of MS Office
- Able to work with no supervision as well as in teams
- Good communication skills
- Enthusiastic approach and innovative attitude
- Open for and familiar to working conditions involving people or colleagues of different national and cultural background