Front End Engineer, Observability
Today, most countries across the world lack access to the internet and with that, the resources to do business, exchange ideas and learn.
Severe bottlenecks at all levels, what we call the Global Internet Distribution Challenge, has led to more than 50% of the world left unconnected entirely OR connected but with extremely poor access to the Internet. The outcome is that large swaths of the global population are hence prevented from accessing life-changing and economy-driving tools and services offered by the Internet.
What if you could really change the future?
We are building a space laser network to deliver the future of Internet Distribution worldwide. This will be the fastest way to bring the rest of the world up on the bandwidth and connectivity curve. Right now, we are using the same technology to provide a rapidly deployable, affordable, low cost and high speed Last Mile Connectivity solution, CENTAURI, which speeds up adoption of 4G and 5G globally, especially dense residential areas during COVID-19 period which require urgent bandwidth upgrades.
Join our team if you want to define the rules of how our civilisation communicates!
- Front End Software Engineer, Observability
- Tranceslestial is developing the next generation of its CENTAURI product and needs a Front End Software Engineer to help implement our approach to Observability. Utilising streaming telemetry from our laser systems and third party data such as weather and meteorology you will enable a predictive approach to optimising the performance of CENTAURI. As the Front End Software Engineer you will be working closely with the Platform Technical Lead and Observability team on building engaging UI’s that help take our product to the next level.
- Build rich and intuitive UI’s to abstract complex workflows
- Translate requirements to stable, scalable, highly usable UI’s that are easy to deploy, operate and maintain
- Provide active input and feedback on Observability requirements and features with a focus on usability
- Play a key role in detailed design decisions
- Implement new features and maintain existing software
- Ensure a high degree of focus on quality assurance including security and work closely with the QA team
- Collaborate closely with electrical, mechanical, software and manufacturing engineers across teams to ensure an optimal product for CENTAURI
- Continuously innovate and keep abreast of latest UI software development practices, methods and approaches and help ensure the CENTAURI product remains technically at the forefront of its field
- Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent work experience in the field
- Work Experience: 4+ years in UI development
- Good Experience with UI testing frameworks such as Selenium, Jasmine and Jest
- Experience developing modular UI components
- Experience with webpack and/or babel for bundling or transpiling
- Experience with REST and websocket APIs, interacting with server side components
- Experience with SPAs, PWAs, be familiar with the JAM stack and responsive web design (RWD)
- Good understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them
- In-depth understanding of the entire web development process (design, development and deployment)
- Experience developing and deploying on Linux OS
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform (GCP) preferred
- Good communication skills and team oriented approach
- Ability to thrive working with a team of people from different backgrounds in a highly collaborative, time sensitive environment
Building the Future of Internet Distribution
Founded in Dec 2016, the Transcelestial team is located in Singapore and is backed by major investors such as Wavemaker Partners, EDBI, Airbus Ventures, Cap Vista, SEEDS Capital (Enterprise SG), Entrepreneur First, Partech Ventures, 500 Startups, AirTree Ventures, Tekton Ventures, SGInnovate, SparkLabs Global Ventures, Michael Seibel (CEO of Y-Combinator, Founder of Twitch.tv), Charles Songhurst (Microsoft’s former Head of Corporate Strategy) and other investors.
Transcelestial has won numerous industry and global awards such as SPIFFY San Andreas Award for Most Disruptive Technology by Telecom Council, The Most Ambitious Start-Up in Photonics Award by The Optical Society (OSA), etc.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- A monthly book and hobby fund
- 1 Friday for “Space Themed” personal projects
- Personal Office Computer
- Flexible work hours
- Best in industry health plans
You should include in your application
- Your CV, and/or LinkedIn page
- Links to projects or other work which will definitely impress everyone