Field Service Engineer
Field Service Engineer
Scanning Solutions | Document Management | Managed Print
€40,000 – €75,0000 DOE
One of Europe’s largest multi-brand providers of Document Solutions / Managed Print Solutions / Document Management / Scanning Equipment has enlisted REAKT Recruitment to help them find additional headcount within their service team. Our client provides customers with the perfect combination of print, document and IT hardware and software.
They are looking for the Field Service Engineer to carry out service visits to reported calls throughout the companies’ entire customer base. The successful Field Service Engineer will establish and promote the attributes of a professional service support operation and adapt and develop service needs in line with changes in manufacturer products and functionality.
Provide First and Second Level Customer Support services.
Must be willing to travel both domestically and internationally to resolve customer problems.
Travels up to 50%
Must be fluent in German and English
The role and responsibilities of the Field Services Engineer:
• Reporting to the Director of Service – EMEA/APAC
• Provides both first line and second line support services
• Where required, assists the Director of Professional Services – EMEA/APAC in pre-installation planning (e.g. scheduling, site planning, training, etc.) and post-installation customer support issues
• Performs customer training on-site that is both thorough and timely.
• Provide input and feedback to Product Engineering and Software Development, as requested, to assist in the development and testing of new products and current product modifications and enhancements
• Ensure proper management and control of all company assets (tools, documentation, software, intellectual property, etc.).
• Strives to ensure that the highest possible level of customer satisfaction is always maintained
• Assists in the development and maintenance of accurate and complete hardware and software documentation.
• Conducts effective, thorough and organized training for customers and third party support personnel as requested.
• Meets all schedule deadlines.
• Must be able to travel both domestic and international
• Other duties and tasks assigned by Director of Services
PREFERRED SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
• Desired minimum of bachelor’s degree in business, computer sciences, management information systems and/or 5 years equivalent work experience with delivery, integration or solution support.
• Excellent communication skills with all levels of personnel both internally and with our customers, orally and written.
• Skills in any foreign languages is a plus
• Knowledge of Windows operating systems.
• Knowledge of LAN technologies
• The ability to gather business requirements from customers.
• The ability to train all levels of personnel
• Computer languages including but not limited to Visual Basic 6.0, VB Net, Java is a plus
• Knowledge of Web development is a plus
• Knowledge of database products such as Microsoft SQL, Oracle, DB2, Informix and Sybase is a plus
What’s on offer for the Field Service Engineer:
* A basic salary of €40,000 – €75,000 dependent on experience
* Company car package / allowance
* Performance related bonus
* On – going development and training opportunities
* A whole host of company benefits