Cloud Architect (m/f/t)
Swindon, Wiltshire, GB, SN5 6PB
- London, City of London, GB, EC2R 8HP
- Essen, NW, DE, 45141
RWE Supply & Trading GmbH or RWE Generation SE
- To start as soon as possible, Full time, Permanent
Your future plans
Join our #TeamRWE!
RWE is going “to the Cloud”. You are keen on Cloud Architecture trends and want to lead the introduction of suitable principles and components into the existing solutions architecture? We are looking for new colleagues in our IT team, to migrate our OnPrem application portfolio into cloud.
You will design and implement the technical infrastructure for our future cloud application portfolio and digital / data platforms together with central Infrastructure team on e.g. networking, security, authorization, monitoring
You support the selection of appropriate Azure or AWS services for the application portfolio, including the consideration of security, recommended practice and costs
Configure infrastructure components and support our application teams within the migration process
Design and own policies and recommended practices for cloud infrastructure and application implementation (meeting security requirements, design principles and RWE Policies)
Maintain an overview and understanding of deployed infrastructure costs, as well as cost optimization
You are responsible the creation of implementation guidelines with all relevant and stakeholders
Research of new architectural trends and attend relevant architectural forums and steering groups
Your powerful skills
- University degree in Information technology or similar
- Strong MS Azure or AWS knowledge with proven architecture and design skills supported by appropriate Certification
- Advanced knowhow and experience in Infrastructure as Code such as Terraform and CI/CD principles
- Experienced knowledge of infrastructure and cloud native application engineering
- Microsoft Azure DevOps and creation of YAML pipelines
- Team spirit and intercultural competency, strong communication and time-management skills to collaborate with various stakeholders
- Experience with Agile methods like Scrum Kanban or DevOps as well as withGit source code management
- Good language skills in English; German when located in Germany
Benefits you can rely on
- Modern offices, our company campus in Essen with restaurants, barista bar and own fitness center
- Flexible hybrid working model
- Intensive Onboarding through our "buddy program”
- Several (technical) qualification and further training opportunities
- Attractive remuneration plus bonus payments
- Flexible benefits e.g. Corporate benefits
At RWE, you will find all the advantages of a large technology group. And some merits that are even more crucial: openness and real team work. For we are open to the future and are building on the strengths of each and every individual. We value his/her work and opinion; we listen, pursue active ideas management and engage in direct exchanges. Respect, appreciation and mutual trust are the hallmarks of cooperation within the international RWE team.
Apply now with just a few clicks: ad code 70586
Any questions? Lisa Beyer (Recruiting), +49 152 57902517
We look forward to meeting you!
We value diversity and therefore welcome all applications, irrespective of gender, disability, nationality, ethnic and social background, religion and beliefs, age or sexual orientation and identity.
Of course, you can find us on LinkedIn, Twitter and Xing, too.