Business Development Manager – Germany
This newly created role is based in Germany in the region of Wuppertal – our client has corporate offices in the region so it is essential that the role holder lives in Germany and has the right to live and work in the country. The role will require a lot of on the road business development to both new and existing clients and will report into the Country Manager based in Germany.
The main objective of this position is to increase sales volume and market share for our clients products in the DACH region, with a focus on southern and eastern Germany. The focus will be on the transport sector. The design and implementation of adequate sales strategies will continue to improve the company's overall sales and earnings.
Tasks and Responsibilities
You will report directly to the Sales Manager in Germany. You are expected to work with staff from sales, research and development, production, and other members of the technical service team.
• Increase turnover in the south and/or east of Germany through the acquisition of new customers.
• Mainly in the public transport sector / public transport manufacturers
• Building and maintaining long-term and sustainable client relationships.
• Advancing and leading acquisition processes, starting with the first customer contact up to the conclusion of the contract (preparation of offers, contract negotiation, etc.).
• Service-oriented and good communication with potential customers.
• Cooperation with the sales team.
• Identify and drive activities to continuously improve and ensure the highest level of service to customers.
• Tracking market developments by observing and analysing competitors.
• Preparation of reports and forecasts.
• Representation of the business at customers, trade congresses and/or trade fairs.
University degree in economics with a strong technical background or comparable training.
At least five years of experience in sales, key account, or business development, desirably in the field of the public transport market in Germany with a focus on the core business of buses (bus manufacturers, public transport companies, system integrators).
Familiar with electronic systems and understanding of technical contexts.
The job holder will be based in a home office, preferably in the south or east of Germany.
Ability to work in a team, initiative, and flexibility in solving problems.
Self-discipline, good planning, and organisational skills.
Excellent communication skills (both oral and written).
Computer skills in the use of Windows and Microsoft Office software.
EU driving licence or equivalent with no criminal record.
High willingness to travel.
Excellent knowledge of the public transport market in Germany and have established contacts with bus manufacturers, public transport operators and system integrators.
Highly motivated, independent, and goal-oriented team player with a strong business sense and a passion for sales.
Experienced in identifying business opportunities and building new client relationships.
Good knowledge of the English language is required, further foreign language skills desirable