Search through previously asked questions

Ask the expert Question



Iam an Indian citizen working for a indian company and in a project for belgian client, I will be travelling to Belgium on work permit for a month. will I be allowed to go to Amsterdam to visit the place holding an Indian Passport and Belgian work permit.. please advice

by Vikas on 12 Nov 2010
Matthias Lommers

This expert is currently inactive and not able to take new questions!


Dear Vikas,

You will indeed be able to visit Amsterdam.

You should obtain a Schengen visa (type C) with the Belgian consular authorities in India prior to coming over to Belgium. This Schengen visa will enable you to travel around in the Schengen Area (of which the Netherlands are part) during the validity period of your visa.

Best regards,


by Matthias Lommers on 16 Nov 2010

Expatica Offers