Search through previously asked questions

Ask the expert Question

Courtenay Mitchell


I live and work in Brussels and I need to insure the contents of my rental apartment. Can you give me some help as to where I apply?

by Courtenay Mitchell on 25 May 2015
Dany  Coppens

This expert is currently inactive and not able to take new questions!


Good afternoon.

You can be self-employed in several countries, but only can pay social contributions in one country.
The competent country is where your residence is if the activity in this country is at least 25% of your total activities.
You need to enroll into a so called “Erkend Ondernemingsloket/Guichet d’Entreprises” to register your activity (e.g. TVA) and arrange your social contributions.

Kind regards

by Dany Coppens on 09 Jun 2015

Expatica Offers