Search through previously asked questions

Ask the expert Question

Steve Myers


I have purchased a covered trailer in the UK, paying VAT in the UK. I am collecting the trailer this week and am wondering how I do this. I intend using a spare numberplate from our Belgian car to bring it over. I will have all the papers including conformity certificate. Can I reclaim the VAT once I pay BTW at the Douane? If so, how?

by Steve Myers on 13 Apr 2015
Dinesh Krishnan

This expert is currently inactive and not able to take new questions!



You have to contact a “customs broker“ directly and get proper legal advice after sending them your papers, I can recommend:

Kind regards

by Dinesh Krishnan on 13 Apr 2015

Expatica Offers