Search through previously asked questions

Ask the expert Question

Bruce Mclelland


I am trying to help a friend (EU national). She wishes to set up a small retail shop in Brussels. She will be self-employed and initially have no employees.
Does she require any special education certificates to do this in Belgium. She has nearly 15 years experience with her own business in the USA (with tax filings to prove it) and had a shop in Germany for 10 years. Records are available. Thank you

by Bruce Mclelland on 07 Jul 2016
Arent Lievens

This expert is currently inactive and not able to take new questions!



You should start by going to a "ondernemingsloket" (in french "guichets d’entreprises agréés") where they will check which diploma's or certificates you need (or already have). For addresses:

It is also useful to go to an accountant for a first advice. Depending on your businessplan, it might be necessary to start up a limited company.

kind regards,
Arent Lievens

by Arent Lievens on 11 Jul 2016

Expatica Offers