Search through previously asked questions

Ask the expert Question

Dennis Wajda


I am a retired USA citizen. My wife is a retired Belgian citizen. We are moving to Belgium for several years and want to know how we can receive medical insurance. Although my wife worked in Belgium it was not long nor for significant pay. Are there insurance plans available for us to buy into?

by Dennis Wajda on 06 Feb 2018
Dany Coppens

This expert is currently inactive and not able to take new questions!


Good morning,
If your wife has a Belgian pension while taking her residence in Belgium, she can enroll into legal heatlh insurance.
As you have a US pension, there is no way to get enrolled into legal Belgian health inurance. The only way for yourself is getting a private insuance.
Kind regards,
Dany Coppens

by Dany Coppens on 15 Feb 2018

Expatica Offers