Search through previously asked questions

Ask the expert Question



I have a resident card, Non EU that has expired recently. Can I travel to an EU country and come back? My new card has not arrived, I have a valid WP though.

by Nitin on 17 Feb 2014
Arent Lievens

This expert is currently inactive and not able to take new questions!


Dear Sir,

If you use your resident card:
Travelling by car (or train) within the Schengen zone will be ok (no passport controls).
Flying will be a problem, as you need to present your card.

You have a WP, but is there a visa in your passport ? If so, then there is no problem to travel.

In any case, contact the city council for a new resident card.

Kind regards,
Arent Lievens

by Arent Lievens on 18 Feb 2014

Expatica Offers