Search through previously asked questions

Ask the expert Question



Hi, I am Belgian but living in Canada. I want to come to Belgium with my wife (Canadian) and kids, purchase a used vehicle. Travel around the EU for 7 months, then sell the vehicle (or possibly import it to Canada). Is it possible to insure it as a non-resident Belgian?

by David on 03 Jun 2015
Filip Declercq

This expert is currently inactive and not able to take new questions!


Dear David,

I advise you to contact BIOS-transit.

They are specialized in import and export of cars, transit license plates and the insurance for these vehicles.

I suppose they can help you out with this very specific question.
I think you might need a correspondence address in Belgium.

Kind regards

by Filip Declercq on 08 Jun 2015

Expatica Offers