Search through previously asked questions

Ask the expert Question

Ravi Sharma


Hi Evelyne,

I am a non-eu citizen from India with a permanent residence permit from Spain. I have registered my self in the nearest police station. I am studying a master degree and just arrived in september here in Brussels.
If I want to change my permanent residence permit card of Spain into any of the resident card such as B, C, D, E, F given by Belgium government, what should I do?
And also upon registration here what kind of registration card am I going to receive?

Thank you in advance.

by Ravi Sharma on 28 Sep 2016
Evelyne Van der Elst

This expert is currently inactive and not able to take new questions!


Dear Ravi,

Thank you for your question.

On the basis of the information that you have shared, you must submit a request for a Student Visa at your local Belgian town hall as soon as possible.
Your Spanish residence card does not allow you to take up residency in Belgium for a period exceeding 3 months.
Based on the residency application for students, you will receive a residence card type A (limited duration).

Kind regards,
Evelyne Van der Elst

by Evelyne Van der Elst on 07 Oct 2016

Expatica Offers