Search through previously asked questions

Ask the expert Question

Adina Isaacs


Hello Myriam,

My fiance has applied to study his masters at KU Leuven, as an EU citizen. He is dual Bulgarian-Canadian, and I am only Canadian (both under the age of 30). I am looking to move with him, and have been offered a position as an English teacher. I am only looking to stay in Belgium for maximum one year. I read on Expatica that it says; Nationals from these countries (Canada, Australia, New Zealand, aged 18 to 30, can come to Belgium for a year’s holiday and can take on paid work without a work permit during this time. Is this accurate? Please advise!

Thank you

by Adina Isaacs on 31 Aug 2017
Myriam Friedmann

This expert is currently inactive and not able to take new questions!



Sorry but immigration laws are beyond my expertise.

You will have to find out from the local commune where you will be living and will have to register. Or from your local Belgian consulate before moving over.


by Myriam Friedmann on 06 Sep 2017

Expatica Offers