Search through previously asked questions

Ask the expert Question

Sumeyye Donmez



I am an erasmus student at AP Hogeschool in Antwerp. My education term will finish on 30th of June but I want to work and register for a massage course in a school this summer. But my resident permit is valid to 30 June and my visa to 14 July. I don't know what I have to do to make these longer.

Can you help me?

by Sumeyye Donmez on 07 May 2017
Christine Sullivan

This expert is currently inactive and not able to take new questions!


Hello Sumeyye,

In your question you do not mention your nationality, but I assume that you are not a visa-free national (in which case you could remain in Belgium for 90 days on the basis of your passport.)

Under current legislation, it is generally required to leave Belgium before the expiration date of your permit. We do know that there is revised legislation pending that could provide a time period after studies are finished to stay in Belgium and look for a job, but that may not come into effect in time for you. I suggest that you check back with us in about a month to see where things stand.

Best Regards,

by Christine Sullivan on 09 May 2017

Expatica Offers