Search through previously asked questions

Ask the expert Question



Hello, I will be moving to Belgium in a few months from the US to be with my boyfriend. If I get a job in Belgium it will be a US Federal job working in Brussels. I'm not quite sure how this will work when it comes to finding a DR. and getting Health Insurance. I take a medication that is prescribed on a 90-day basis so I'd like to have this figured out before I go.

Thank you for any advice you can offer.

by Hannah on 14 Oct 2017
Dany Coppens

This expert is currently inactive and not able to take new questions!


Once you start working for an employer back in the US, there is no posibility to join the Belgian legal health insurance.
The only way to join the system is by working or having an income in Belgium or the rest of the European Economic Space Area.
I presume you can consider a private medical insurance.
Kind regards,
Dany Coppens

by Dany Coppens on 17 Oct 2017

Expatica Offers