Search through previously asked questions

Ask the expert Question



Dear Hugues,

I would like to know which organisation should I contact if I want to register as a self-employed person in Belgium? My employer is in the UK and I am providing service as a freelancer. I would like to get my paid buy I do not know how to make this happens in a legitimate way.

Thank you for your time.

Kind regards,

by Vanessa on 12 Nov 2017
Hugues Thibaut

This expert is currently inactive and not able to take new questions!


Dear Vanessa,

In order to become a self-employed in Belgium, you need to register at the Belgian Crossroad Bank of Enterprise and get your Belgian enterprise number, once this process is done, you can provide your services to any of your clients as a self-employed. Group S can help you with this administrative process, you need to give us several documents, such as your ID card, your highest diploma, etc. It costs you 85.50 euros for the registration to get your Belgian enterprise number.

Kind regards,

by Hugues Thibaut on 16 Nov 2017

Expatica Offers