Search through previously asked questions

Ask the expert Question

Katarina Hunter


Dear Hugues,

I hope this message finds you well today.

I'd like to ask you a question regarding self-employment in Belgium. Can I issue an invoice with my Brussels address, a VAT% of Belgium and submit it to my client before I am registered as a self-employed? I just started working in June and would like to get paid, but I haven't yet registered with the Guichets d'Entreprises in Brussels. I will do that and I will also register for the VAT but I need to know if I can issue this invoice and then register with the work activity retrospectively?

Thank you very much for your help and advice.

Best regards, Katarina Hunter

by Katarina Hunter on 13 Jun 2017
Hugues Thibaut

This expert is currently inactive and not able to take new questions!


Dear Katarina,

To invoice in Belgium, you have first to register to a Guichet d'entrerprises, then to a social security fund for the self-employed. Once this done, you will receive your VAT number. If you wish we can fulfil those formalities.

Best Regards, Hugues Thibaut

by Hugues Thibaut on 14 Jun 2017

Expatica Offers