Search through previously asked questions

Ask the expert Question



Dear Expert,
I am German and have a residence in Germany. I live here (temporary but long term) with my husband and have a special ID Card (EU).
I have a freelancer license in Germany and want to start as a freelancer at a Belgian company now (as a German "Company").
What do I have consider to comply with all Belgian formalities (e.g. LIMOSA, other registrations, ...)?
Thank you very much for your help.
Kind regards,

by Edith on 12 Dec 2014
Arent Lievens

This expert is currently inactive and not able to take new questions!


Dear Madam,

I'm sorry for the late reply, I was on a project abroad.

- Do I understand it correctly that you are a freelancer in Germany = you are self employed and have a German VAT number ?
- You want to work as a self employed person (independent) for a Belgian company

What activities do you do ?

Would you invoice from your German VAT-no to the Belgian Company ?

Kind regards,
Arent Lievens

by Arent Lievens on 05 Jan 2015

Expatica Offers