Search through previously asked questions

Christine Sullivan

Premium Expert


Christine Sullivan




Attorney and Manager Worldwide Private Client Practice

Expert category:


Personal Info:

Christine is an Attorney and Manager of the private client practice of Fragomen's Brussels office, where she assists individuals to obtain work authorisation, residency, and nationality in the Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg and France. Christine is specialised in all aspects of Dutch and Belgian immigration including the highly skilled migrant scheme, family reunification and permits for self-employed persons.


Currently inactive and not able to take new questions!

Latest questions answered by: Christine Sullivan

Richard Maddow

Ms. Sullivan:
My wife and I are US citizens, and are retired. We have ample savings, and income as well as portable health insurance. We would like to live in Belgium, without work. I see that Belgium offers a retirement visa; but asks for ties to Belgium and reference letters from Belgium citizens. How important are these matters, and what kind of ties and references are normally required? We are planning some extended visits to Belgium and we are not planning to move immediately or soon. Can you give us any guidance on these matters? Any guidance would be appreciated. We speak some French and a little German. Thanks in advance.

by Richard Maddow on 13 May 2017 Read Answer
Sumeyye Donmez


I am an erasmus student at AP Hogeschool in Antwerp. My education term will finish on 30th of June but I want to work and register for a massage course in a school this summer. But my resident permit is valid to 30 June and my visa to 14 July. I don't know what I have to do to make these longer.

Can you help me?

by Sumeyye Donmez on 07 May 2017 Read Answer

Expatica Offers