U.S. Presidential Preference Primary Elections: Upcoming Dates and Deadlines for Overseas Voters
10th November 2011, 1 comment
Overseas Vote Foundation (OVF), a non-profit, non-partisan organization, is calling on all U.S. citizens abroad to inform each other about registering to vote and requesting a ballot from overseas - spread the word in your social networks now! And if you know any young voters abroad, please tell them about Youth Vote Overseas, OVF's initiative and website for young voters.
Using OVF's online wizard you can easily and quickly generate your voter registration/absentee ballot request form, which you then print, sign and send to your election office - OVF automatically provides you with the address!
You should apply for absentee ballots in January of each year or at least 90 days before the specific election in which you want to vote. Even if you registered to vote in 2011, you must submit your voter registration/absentee ballot request form again in January of 2012 to ensure you are eligible to vote in your state's 2012 elections, including the General Presidential election.
We have a complete list of election dates and deadlines on our website, but note that these deadlines are coming up soon:
- New Hampshire: Presidential Primary will be held January 10, 2012 (no registration deadline set).
- South Carolina: The Republican Party Presidential Preference Primary will be held January 21, 2012; the deadline for overseas absentee voter registration is December 21, 2011, for registered voters to request a ballot it is January 20, 2012.
- Florida: Presidential Preference Primary will be held on January 31, 2012; the deadline for registering to vote is January 3, 2012, for registered voters to request a ballot it is January 27, 2012.
- Missouri: Presidential Preference Primary will be held on February 7, 2012; the deadline for registering to vote is January 11, 2012, for registered voters to request a ballot it is February 1, 2012
- Puerto Rico: The Republican Party Presidential Primary will be held February 26, 2012; the deadline for registering to vote and requesting a ballot is December 29, 2011.
Consult our State-Specific Voter Information Directory to look up your election office, transmission options for sending and receiving forms and ballots, and election dates in your state (all dates and deadlines are subject to change).
Let's make 2012 a record-smashing year for overseas voters!
1 comment on this article Add a comment
14th November 2011, 16:51:44 Diane - Expat Tax posted:Great information! I need to tell my clients about these dates!