WikiLeaks to continue releasing Afghan war files: Assange
WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange said Thursday the whistleblower website was still planning to release around 15,000 secret US military documents on the Afghan war that it had been holding back.
Speaking via videolink to an audience in London, Assange said preparations were under way to release the files, despite a demand from the Pentagon last week to return thousands of files already released and not publish anymore.
"We are about 7,000 reports in," he said, without giving a date when the files would be released.
Asked whether the website would press ahead with the release, he responded: "Absolutely."
He added: "So far there has been no assistance, despite repeated requests, from the White House or the Pentagon."
© 2010 AFP