Two men accused of S.African honeymoon murder case postponed
The case of two men accused of murdering a Swedish honeymooner in Cape Town was postponed on Monday to allow prosecutors time for further investigation.
"The case was postponed for seven days for further investigation," said Thabo Nogemane, the attorney representing 25-year-old Mziwamadoda Qwabe, one of the accused.
Qwabe, 31-year-old Zola Tongo and a third man, 23-year-old Xolile Mngeni, are accused of abducting 28-year-old Anni Dewani and her British husband Shrien Dewani on the outskirts of Cape Town on November 13.
The 31-year-old husband was released but his wife's body was later found in an impoverished township neighbourhood southeast of central Cape Town.
Mngeni appeared in court Thursday but had his case postponed until November 25 because he did not have a lawyer. He is scheduled to join the other two accused when they appear on November 29.
"These two accused that appeared today were added to the first accused that appeared previously," Nogemane said.
The three men are charged with murder and robbery with aggravated circumstances.
© 2010 AFP