Stones call off Australia/NZ tour after L'Wren Scott death

18th March 2014, Comments 0 comments

The Rolling Stones announced Tuesday they were calling off the rest of their tour in Australia and New Zealand following the apparent suicide of Mick Jagger's girlfriend L'Wren Scott.

In a statement on their website, the band said they were "deeply sorry and disappointed" to postpone all seven dates Down Under but said they hoped fans understood.

Scott, a 49-year-old US fashion designer who had been dating Jagger for more than a decade, was found dead at her New York apartment on Monday.

The Stones had earlier cancelled their first Australian date, planned for Perth on Wednesday, but have now pulled out of a further six shows over the next fortnight, including one in New Zealand, in Auckland, on April 5.

"The Rolling Stones are deeply sorry and disappointed to announce the postponement of the rest of their '14 ON FIRE' tour of Australia and New Zealand following the death of L'Wren Scott," the band said.

"Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Charlie Watts and Ronnie Wood wish to thank all of their fans for their support at this difficult time and hope that they will fully understand the reason for this announcement.

"The Rolling Stones are planning to reschedule these postponed shows at a later date."

The next planned show in the tour is in the Netherlands on June 7.


© 2014 AFP

0 Comments To This Article