NATO denies bombing Libya's biggest oil field: statement

7th April 2011, Comments 0 comments

NATO on Thursday denied bombing Libya's biggest oil field after accusations from Moamer Kadhafi's regime, saying fires at the Al-Sarir field were more likely to be linked to skirmishes in the region.

"The accusation by Colonel Kadhafi that NATO was responsible for fires in the Sarir Oil Fields is false," NATO said in a statement from its base in Naples which is overseeing military operations in Libya.

"Attacks last week by pro-Kadhafi forces have resulted in a number of skirmishes with anti-Kadhafi forces and at least one fire at an oil facility in the region of Sarir," the statement said.

© 2011 AFP

0 Comments To This Article