British group says worker kidnapped in DR. Congo

15th February 2011, Comments 0 comments

British oil company SOCO said Tuesday one of its South African employees had been kidnapped in the eastern Democratic Republic of Congo, while the army blamed Rwandan rebels for the attack.

"Two South African expatriates and four (Congolese) soldiers were kidnapped yesterday (Monday) but only one expatriate is still detained," SOCO Exploration and Production DRC official Serge Lescaut told AFP.

An army spokesman said Rwanda rebels and Congolese army deserters were behind the attack in the eastern Nord-Kivu province.

© 2011 AFP

0 Comments To This Article