Britain 'shocked and saddened' by Morocco blast
British Foreign Secretary William Hague said he was "shocked and saddened" at Thursday's suspected suicide attack on a cafe in Morocco which was "utterly reprehensible".
Hague said initial reports suggesting the blast at the Argana cafe in Marrakesh was linked to terrorism were "deeply worrying".
"I am shocked and saddened at today's explosion. I offer my condolences to all those who have lost relatives or been injured in the explosion," he said.
He added: "Initial reports that this may have been a result of terrorism are deeply worrying. All acts of terrorism are utterly reprehensible."
Moroccan authorities said that 11 foreigners and three Moroccans were killed in the blast, while a Moroccan public television station put the death toll at 15, six of them French nationals.
The cafe, located in the city's main square, was a favourite haunt of foreign tourists.
"British officials are in contact with the Moroccan authorities to establish the facts and to provide consular support to any British nationals who may have been caught up in the blast," Hague said.
There have been no reports so far that Britons were among the dead.
© 2011 AFP