Visit our country sites
- Tax advantages for expat house buyers
- Property in the Netherlands
- Life on a Dutch Barge
- A Guide to Mortgages in Belgium
- Top five problems faced by renters in France
- How to find a good property agent in France
- Buying a house in France
- An expat view of housing in Europe
- Renting a home in Berlin
- How to rent and buy a house in Switzerland
- How to rent an apartment in Switzerland
- Short- or long-term rentals in Spain?
- Buying a house in Spain
- Where to live in Barcelona
- Renting accommodation in London
- Buying a home in the UK
- Where to live in Luxembourg
- How to prepare your house for sale
- Editor’s guide to renting in Portugal
- Where to live in Portugal
Expat RentalsRenting versus buying a home in Europe is a common dilemma expats face when they arrive in their new location. You will need to take many factors into consideration before deciding, including how long you plan to live in your new country of residence and the current property market.
Unless your company provides expat apartments, or you can find something through friends, it is advisable to go through a reliable rental agency.
What a good...
Renting - Essential Articles
House-hunting in the Netherlands? Here's our guide of useful terms in the Dutch language to help you find the accommodation you need, from renting a room to buying a house.
01/02/2014 Housing in Belgium: Know the basics
Here is an introduction on what to expect when moving to Belgium and deciding what to do with renting a home in Brussels, buying a home in Ghent, and everything in between.
07/11/2013 Renting a property in France
There's a catch-22 for newcomers applying to rent a home in France, but knowing the rules and alternate options can make renting an apartment or house in France easier.