This is the special beer festival of 2017 with around 150 beers from the tap, live music, masterclasses and much more. The LIB Festival takes place in the Dutch city of Leiden on 25 and 26 March 2017.
Join the international beer brewers at this well known event in the quaint Dutch city of Leiden. Masters will talk passionately about their beers and various rooms will be open to the public, where you can enjoy the different beers, kitchens, master classes and sample new beers and enjoy fresh food. Live music will be played throughout the day.
Beers and breweries
The following breweries will be present at the LIB Festival:
- Bierbrouwerij Affligem from Opwijk (Belgium)
- Het Anker Brouwerij from Mechelen (Belgium)
- Bierbrouwerij De Blauwe IJsbeer from Nieuwpoort
- Crooked Spider from Wassenaar
- Gebrouwen door Vrouwen from Amsterdam
- Bierbrouwerij de Halve Maan from Brugge (Belgium)
- Brouwerij Van Honsebrouck N.V. from Ingelmunster (Belgium)
- Bierbrouwerij Huyghe from Melle (Belgium)
- Jopen Brouwerij from Haarlem
- Brouwerij Klein Duimpje from Hillegom
- Brouwerij de Koperen Kat from Delft
- Brouwerij Largum from Haarlem
- Leidsch Bier from Leiden
- Brouwerij Maximus from Utrecht
- Muifelbrouwerij from Oss
- Oedipus Brewing from Amsterdam
- Brouwerij Oproer from Utrecht
- Brouwerij Pronck from Leiden
- Ramses Bier from Hooge Zwaluwe
- Brouwerij Scheveningen from Scheveningen
- Bierbrouwerij Sint Bernardus from Watou (Belgium)
- Texelse Bierbrouwerij from Oudeschild
- The Sisters Brewery from Breukelen
- Brouwerij Troost from Amsterdam
- Two Chefs Brewing from Amsterdam
- Brouwerij het Uiltje from Haarlem
- vandeStreekbier from Utrecht
- Brouwerij de Witte Leeuw from Wezep
Masterclasses are held for those who wish to learn more about how beer is made. Master brewers will reveal their knowledge on their products and experience of brewing beer. You will have the chance to taste different beers and also identify what you taste. You must subscribe to the masterclasses online to ensure you have a space.
Looking to take some beer home to share with friends? Or perhaps you're looking for a suitable glass? Head to the 'Leiden Bierwinkel' were you will find special editions and gift packs, shirts and other promotional materials from the Brewers.
Leiden Theatre-Stadsgehoorzaal is a new name and a familiar sound. It is hard to imagine that it's been around for over 500 years and has a cultural history of its own. A legacy that people are proud of; the building has kept its heart and soul. Rooted in Leiden and associated with Leiden the Theatre-Stadsgehoorzaal brings the community together.
To discover more about the venue visit the LIB Festival website.
Date, time & location
The festival will be held during the weekend of 25 and 26 March 2017 at Leiden Theatre-Stadsgehoorzaal:
The event is open from 2pm to 8pm.
For more information visit: www.lib-leiden.nl
Photo credit: LIB Festival
Comment here on the article, or if you have a suggestion to improve this article, please click here.