Video child molester surrenders in Germany

7th August 2009, Comments 0 comments

The man is accused of several counts of abuse, producing child pornography and distributing it on the Internet, officials said.

Berlin – A man seen brutally sexually abusing boys between the ages of five and seven in 42 videos posted online turned himself in on Thursday after a nationwide manhunt, German police said.

The man, who was not identified, is accused of several counts of abuse, producing child pornography and distributing it on the Internet, the Federal Crime Office (BKA) said in a statement.

It declined to provide further information.

The videos showed sexual as well as other physical abuse of up to nine different boys which police believe were made in 2006 by the suspect himself.

The BKA had earlier offered a EUR 5,000 (USD 7,200) reward for leads to help capture the suspect and posted still images of a bare-chested, fair-skinned German-speaking man with thinning hair, as well as audio excerpts from the videos on its website.

Images of the victims were blacked out. Police said they had received several tips from the public since the material was posted on Wednesday.

"The BKA cannot rule out the repeated and continued abuse of other children by the same perpetrator," it said earlier.

Police estimated the suspect's age at between 35 and 45 and said he was called 'Christoph' or 'Christof' by the children in the videos.

Rooms where the abuse took place were said to have had a life-sized clown figure propped in a corner and dinosaur-print wallpaper with mounted deer heads hung on the wall.

AFP / Expatica

0 Comments To This Article